Sr Systems Administrator / SME
Langley AFB, Virginia 23665
Secret Clearance needed
6 month contract to hire
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Our client is looking for Sr Systems Administrator / SME for a position located in Langley AFB, Virginia. This is a contract to hire opportunity working for the Air Operations Command (AOC) Long Term Modernization and Sustainment (LTM&S) contract.
- BA/BS with 10 years, or MA with 8 years, of related experience in computer systems administration.
- Prior years of experience in an AOC or in computer systems administration may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- The successful candidate will be providing support and assistance with fielding major systems upgrades to the AOC Weapon System configuration.
- The candidate should have detailed knowledge and experience in the configuration, installation, deployment and maintenance of relevant components in an AOC environment to include, but not limited to Windows Server 2008/2012R2, Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), Host Base Security System (HBSS), VMware (VCP), Citrix ZenApp 6.0 and NetScaler.
- Personnel will be based out of an office in Hampton, VA and will travel to sites located both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must have active SECRET clearance
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%