Windows 10 Migration Tech
Richmond, VA 23225
6 month contract w/ possible extension
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the company End User Services team with a Windows 10 migration project.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Upgrade of Operating System and/or replacement of HP computers at company Offices and Branches.
- Reimage new or existing hardware using Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Complete and troubleshoot data migration from old pc to new pc as a part of the operating system migration.
- Test desktops/laptops and other related hardware as needed.
- Setup, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Windows 10 operating system software and computer peripherals as needed during upgrade.
- Assist Desktop team with technical support to end users via telephone or desk side post migration.
- Maintain ownership of tickets, perform follow-up work, and ensure customer satisfaction until the ticket can be closed.
- Assist in researching and documenting improvements to processes upon discovery.
- Testing post migration to verify successful upgrade.
- Be able to meet the Service Level Agreement standards for the department.
- Provide upgrade support for both in house developed and 3rd party applications.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Previous Windows 10 upgrade project experience desired.
- 3 to 4 years’ experience supporting Windows/Office production workstations in a business environment.
- Experience with standard technical support concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, use tools to install computer or communications technology.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.