Cyber Security Engineer III
Fort Belvoir, VA 22069
Security Clearance Type:
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments and plans and leads major assignments to:
- Assist on all matters relating to the vulnerabilities and threats to Information Technology (IT) Systems, National Security Systems (NSS), and Automated Information Systems (AIS).
- Implement the Defense (DOD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) and assist to the System Security Manager (ISSM) ensure successful implementation of associated security controls and reviews all RMF documentation packages, and system fielding, operations, or upgrade requirements
- Assist Program Management Offices with Cybersecurity related Acquisition documentation requirements (i.e. Cybersecurity Strategies) and statutory/regulatory/policy compliance.
- Coordinate integration of Cybersecurity, COMSEC, and TEMPEST into the entire system life-cycle design, development, and deployment.
- Support maintenance of DOD Inspector General (IG) Cybersecurity Self-Assessment checklist compliance and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Implement audit measures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, participate in organizational inspections and surveys of computer systems, provide inspection results, and assess the adequacy of corrective actions taken.
- Advise on all complex and unique computer security systems, make recommendations on the approval of various computer operations based on security guidelines, and provide alternatives to managers to meet security requirements based on the unique needs of the organization and mission requirements.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, implementing and delivering a formal training and education program for computer and information security requirements and operation and maintenance of automated information systems in compliance with all applicable regulations and safeguards.
- Analyze the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of existing computer security programs that could benefit from group training and translate those needs into training and education media.
- Manage computer incident coordination and notification with the local Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and servicing Computer Emergency Response Teams. Generate reports of analyses and processes the information in accordance with program procedures.
- Provide technical input and writes documents to provide information, help prevent, and increase understanding of issues involved in computer security incidents including, but not limited to internal documentation, advisories, and technical documents.
- Assist with policy, programmatic, budget and doctrine issues associated with Cybersecurity within the organization, other U.S. Government agencies and other technical experts.
- Subject matter expert for Cybersecurity, and has the ability to lead cybersecurity efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from the Government lead.
About Seneca Resources:
- A current SECRET Security Clearance
- Bachelor's of Science in Cybersecurity or Equivalant
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- Ten years of relevant experience
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.