Position Title: Marketing Copywriter
Location: Richmond, VA
Work Status: USC / GCH
Position Status: 6 month contract to hire
Our client is looking for an Marketing Copywriter for a position located in Richmond, VA. Seeking a skilled Marketing Copywriter to join our growing Marketing team. The copywriter is responsible for the creation of short-and-long form external marketing and customer communications content to drive engagement among diverse audiences. This individual will also develop, write and edit content for a wide variety of on-and-offline channels.
- Provide thought leadership on content strategy and integration of content efforts to support overall business goals.
- Develop, write and edit marketing-promotional content including e-campaigns, direct mail, collateral, video scripts, and print advertising.
- Develop, write and edit educational webinar scripts.
- Develop, write and edit long-form content.
- Develop, write and edit client communications materials.
- Develop, write and edit public relations materials (press releases).
- Consult with and provide tailored content for business units to support acquisition initiatives.
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or Advertising/Marketing, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including online and offline promotional content required.
- Experience in the strategic development and creation of online content including website copy, articles, blogs, social media posts, and other digital creative assets.
- Experience in online and offline B2B marketing strategic content creation – both long- and short-form writing expertise required.
- Superior editing and copy writing skills, compliant with AP Style copy guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in B2B online and offline customer communications content creation, to include changes in pricing or customer engagement processes.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing content strategy, audience engagement and impact.
- Basic understanding of content marketing and distribution.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to set deadlines.
- Skilled in working independently as well as within a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills.
- Industry knowledge/familiarity is a plus.
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 10-15 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.