Senior Network Engineer
Hurlburt Field, Florida
Secret Clearance & CCNP
Contract to hire
Our client is looking for Network Engineer
for a position located in Hurlburt Field, Florida.
This is a contract to hire opportunity working for the AFSOF-C2MS (Air Force Special Operations Forces Command and Control Mission Systems support). You will be providing specialized mission systems and services to support special operations throughout the range of military operations around the globe, 24/7/365. As well as providing critical and unique C2MS support to AFSOF and its associated activities globally.
- The Network Engineer – Senior provides support to all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as a part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS). Design, install and maintain the network system for multiple classifications and coordinate their use. Design, install, maintain, and troubleshoot Airborne Mission Network systems. Coordinate with other agencies on integration and configuration of disparate aircraft data system into the Airborne Mission Network Systems. Maintain and review system and security logs. Evaluate hardware and software and peripheral equipment for simple and complex networks. Monitor network performance. Troubleshoot and resolve problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Implements network policies, procedures and standards. Enforce security policies. Evaluate, design, document, install, implement, test, perform problem isolation and resolution, monitor, tune and set standards. Work with other network professionals to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changes. Train and mentor junior and subordinate Network staff on duties, technologies, processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a Secret Clearance to begin work and the ability to obtain a Top Secret-SCI clearance
- CCNP or CCNA
- Superb knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, sub-netting, multicast, unicast traffic, routing, protocols, and other networking fundamentals to include but not limited to strong experience configuring switches and routers is required
- Extensive experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routing and switching devices required
- Experience and knowledge that demonstrates competency with network design, operational support, hands-on implementation, configuration and trouble-shooting of multiple networking platforms and hardware devices is required
- Experience with various encryption devices such as VPN’s, TACLANES, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, and other boundary devices is required
- Experience with COMSEC fill devices is required
- Experience working in a tactical environment, alongside military or DoD personnel, is required
- Familiarity with SATCOM and radio platforms required
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of network operations
- Good communications skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Can effectively deliver training; possess good mentoring skills
- May be required to provide clear and effective direction to less experienced staff
- Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex problem
- Detail-oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- May review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications
- Must maintain compliance with DoD 8570.01 certification requirements
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols H323/SCCP/RTP/QoS/SRST/MGC/SIP desirable
- Familiarity with mission systems and suites such as TBMCS, GCCS, TACLAN, C2PC, and others is a plus
- Work environment is administrative office
- Candidate may travel for training, conferences, and work group meetings
- Potential for TDY’s and Deployments to overseas locations – as needed
- Passport required
- Lift over 35 LBS
- Pass DoD’s medical requirements for OCONUS as needed
All personnel on this contract are subject to travel; some more than others. Current passport is required. There is no set percentage of travel to be expected. There may be occasion for them to travel, but not deploy OCONUS; OCONUS travel would most likely be UK and Japan, if they go at all. CAVEAT: In the event of a hurricane evacuation, there may be a requirement to relocate for a short period of time; that location will not be disclosed until that time, but is CONUS.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.