Our client is looking for PACS Administrator
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, Alabama.
The chosen candidate will support clinical imaging for multiple areas including Radiology, Cardiology, General Surgery, Rheumatology, OB/GYN, ED Trauma, Vascular Access, and much more. You will also support Radiology information systems for order entry, charge routing, transcription, worklists, etc.
The Administrator is responsible for the system administration, and monitoring of all components of the Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS). This position is responsible for day to day administrative tasks to ensure integrity of data, system reliability, accessibility and standardization.
Must possess a high level of knowledge of the PACS system and interdependent components including; system infrastructure, HL7 interfaces and DICOM protocols, and image acquisition devices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Collaborates with and participates in issue resolution sessions with inter-related teams for timely resolution of issues.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of the PACS system and the integration with other clinical applications in order to independently and competently build the system and support end users.
- Responsible for playing a lead role in PACS initiatives and projects requested by operation leadership.
- Assist with implementation and connectivity of new Image acquisition equipment. Anticipates and reports effect of new devices on storage volumes and reports to storage team.
- Monitors, documents and reports system reliability and up time. Analyze issues that may arise, develop options, implement solutions, and escalate to leadership as needed.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to new and experienced end users with a high level of availability.
- May provision user access and monitors system for secure accessibility. Revokes obsolete access.
- Coordinates application enhancements by identifying needs, analyzing benefits, identifying process changes and impact of enhancements. Creates training documentation and assistance with new functionality training.
- Participates in developing and maintaining test scripts and plans for system upgrades and upgrades of integrated applications.
- Monitors outside image acquisitions and manipulates data to file in appropriate patient records.
- Oversees activities of vendors in support and maintenance of PACS system. Maintains open issues list with vendors to ensure timely closure. Places change control notifications as appropriate for vendor activity.
- Oversees the data to day operations of PACS applications including image workflow, archiving, auto-routing, pre-fetching, and other related activities.
- Must possess 5 years of experience as a PACS Application Specialist or EHR Application Specialist, and relevant experience in a position such as Radiology Technologist/PACS Super User, PCLAN Analyst, or Clinical Engineering Equipment Specialist.
- Radiology records experience
- DICOM and or HL7 experience
- Manage PACS workflows
About Seneca Resources:
- Leadership or Team Lead experience
- CIIP (certified imaging informatics professional)
- PACS (picture archiving communication system)
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.