Senior LAN Administrator
Cherry Point, NC 28533
Secret Clearance needed
6 month contract to hire
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Our client is looking for Senior LAN Administrator for a position located in Cherry Point, NC. This is a contract to hire opportunity working for the DLA JETS LAN Support Services South supporting the Defense Logistics Agency. You will be providing support services for the Defense Logistics Agency in the Southeastern region of the United States. The position requires knowledge of current LAN technologies, familiarity with equipment from multiple vendors (Cisco, Brocade, etc.), and experience providing support to ongoing operations. Operational support includes incident resolution, service request fulfillment, security patching, technical refreshes, and upgrades. The selected candidate will be expected to work closely with the Project Manager, government leadership and customers, Tier III engineering and other users. The candidate shall be capable of providing support to LAN operations with little supervision.
The position also requires experience managing all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis. The selected candidate will provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications operations tasks. This includes the review of work for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and managing progress in accordance with schedules.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Understanding and experience implementing large LAN/WAN solutions with knowledge of:
- Overall topology (switch interconnection locations, Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) scenarios, etc.).
- Layer two design: spanning tree, trunking, speeds.
- Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if changes are required).
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Switchport level access controls and notification.
- Streaming video IP protocols.
- Wireless LAN.
- IPv6 assessment and integration plan.
- 802.1x – protocols and appliances
- DNS/DHCP appliances
- Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS)Enterasys, Brocade, and/or Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network hardware and software.
- Understanding and experience providing Operational support with knowledge of:
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- Cisco Access Control Servers (ACS)
- Cisco Prime, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Network sniffer technologies
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth
- One of the following vendor certifications: CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE
- One of the following security certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP (IAT II or Higher)
- 10 years of general network experience, including 8 years of experience providing LAN support and network engineering services.
- Active SECRET clearance with closed/adjudicated SSBI (T5 Investigation)
- DLA handles the security access levels for IT personnel. They need access to SECRET information, but the level of sensitivity involved in full access to equipment requires an adjudicated SSBI (TOP SECRET). We would prefer to get a candidate with a TS, but we can take a candidate with an active SECRET and open an SSBI (TS) for them. DLA will allow them to get access if the SSBI is open, as closing and adjudicating takes a while. The Supplier will need to be able to hold TS clearances though.
- Contract requires Secret IT-1 Access