Testing Engineer - Engine Oils
Richmond, VA 23230
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Deliver solutions for customers by understanding their needs & applications, developing and recommending appropriate products, providing proof of performance data, and offering insightful advice for technical & industry related questions.
- Develop understanding of the company’s product line chemistry and claims.
- Begin to develop deep understanding of industry test requirements, customer test requirements and associated specifications and how those tests can be influenced by chemistry.
- Support the management of projects with CTS stage gate process utilizing Accolade software.
- Understand and comply with the company’s safety, quality and ethics policies and procedures.
- Assist in providing proactive customer specific solutions, support, and guidance through effective and insightful face to face and written communications.
- Develop and may deliver presentations to internal and external customers.
- May investigate and resolve routine customer concerns under supervision of CTS Manager or colleagues.
- Assist CTS colleagues in the completion of required approval documentation and technical reports.
- Interface with CTS, R&D, OEM, Sales and Marketing to gain an understanding of current and future market trends, requirements, and applications.
- Interface with Marketing and Sales to ensure aligned customer account management.
- Assure that complete ISO documentation is maintained on all IDO or quality related activities. Participate in ISO related activities and maintain an up-to-date understanding of the ISO function.
- Understand and comply with safety regulations (Federal, State, etc.) and adhere to sound and safe laboratory practices in general.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated aptitude for the CTS function. May be a new graduate or have 1-2 years of relevant experience in the petrochemical or automotive industry and Sales & Marketing experience
- Decision Making - Timely decision making using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines with appropriate risk, authority and transparency
- Business Insight - Has knowledge of general business model, practices and procedures. Understands how the actions and output of the role impacts the business and others.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves problems with effective solutions by asking good questions, involving others, and looking outside of existing processes and procedures. Has technical knowledge and skills to troubleshoot test equipment or test precision issues.
- Communication - Can communicate information clearly, effectively, and timely in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Coaching - Provides the structure, environment and support for teaching, training and development of individuals and teams to enable them to achieve specific personal or professional results or goals.
- Managing Performance - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging individual and team goals.
- Collaboration and Networking - The ability to work within and across the company's organizational matrix to achieve objectives, including the capability to influence without authority.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries as appropriate
- Innovation - Continuously assesses current processes, practices, procedures, techniques and tools and provides suggestions for improvement. Open to new concepts. May benchmark outside laboratories or others for process improvement ideas.
- Dealing with Uncertainty - Is sufficiently flexible to effectively cope with change, multiple priorities, and lack of information at times
- Customer Relationship Management - Interpersonal skills to be able to make good strong connections with customers & OEM personnel. Combination of character & technical credibility. Demonstrate customer intimacy and Passion for Solutions approach to understand core technical problems and deliver solutions to business, marketing and external customers.