Security Clearance Type:
Contract to hire
Are you passionate about Executive assistance and take pride in representing senior level management with both integrity and finesse? Are you creative and intuitive in your approach to problem solving? Do you love crafting efficient and effective ways to keep executives organized, prioritized and less stressed? And can you do all of that in Washington D.C.?
Our client is currently seeking a highly qualified Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Vice President, Federal Government Affairs in Washington, DC. This position will provide administrative support to the day-to-day demands and activities in an organized, effective and efficient manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
Ideal Candidate qualifications include:
- Understanding departmental priorities in order to effectively schedule and handle the Vice President’s time and workflow, maintain the VP’s calendar, including personal appointment, coordinating and scheduling travel itineraries. Scheduling and frequently arranging meetings on short notice, which involves extensive coordination and follow-up with other executives, directors, administrative assistants, and outside consultants. May involve handling schedules across time zones.
- You will provide similar administrative support for several other directors in Government Affairs, communicate information to other GA staff, as well as, assist with event planning and execution.
- You will maintain necessary documentation to prepare and ensure accuracy of expense statements and invoices.
- You will handle phone coverage, screening phone calls and appropriately directing callers.
- You are adept at tackling non-routine, complex projects and assignments with minimal mentor ship.
- Your responsibilities include a wide range of administrative and general support duties including composing, editing and proofing correspondence, contracts, reports and/or presentations; handling sensitive and confidential materials and matters, while adhering to compliance procedures and processes.
- You will be expected to interact with Executives at all levels.
- You will input and maintain budgets, process invoices and order supplies for the department.
- You will make sure records management retention policies are followed for file maintenance. Maintain accurate records for all lobbying and disclosure reports. Responsible for preparing consultant contracts. Organizing and preparing complex documents including correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Work closely with administrative staff within Government affairs staff to avoid duplicative efforts, encouraging consistency in compliance with company practices.
About Seneca Resources:
- An Associate’s Degree (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and make decisions in management absence.
- Strong understanding of the legislative, political, and election processes preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including a thorough understanding and application of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word).
- Ability to develop presentations and materials that are executive ready.
- Ability to interact with all levels within and outside of the company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important skills in completing responsibilities.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.