Business Development Manager
Nashville, TN area
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Prospects new business at medium to large prospects within a given geographic territory. Implements Training programs at these retailers within a defined territory. Meet or exceed established sales budgets, strategic goals, and Key Performance Indicators by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- To ensure a high level of service to our retail customers, it is considered an essential duty to be available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the retail industry. This includes evening and weekends, as necessary, as well as multiple simultaneous work days.
- Develop and Implement a strategic prospecting plan and provide weekly updates to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Implement strategic sales plans to achieve budgeted sales goals and meet company objectives at small to medium sized retailers as well as National Account locations.
- Acts as the company’s primary liaison with retail customers.
- Delivers sales and training presentations in the retail accounts as well as National Account locations.
- Meets with 5-10 customers per day, tailoring our sales message to increase account loyalty and leverage those relationships to increase share of dealer business and improve overall business results for our customers.
- Maintains consistent contact through live visits as well as telephone follow up with both prospects and current dealers.
- Minimum expectation of 75-100 touch points with stores each week.
- Travels through assigned territory and utilizes Spiro (CRM) for maintaining a touch plan for the retail customers and their key stakeholders.
- Prepares a variety of business reports and submits regular expense reports.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the Regional Vice President of Sales or the Regional Sales Manager.
- Expectations for this role are 80% Hunting and 20% Account Management for the first 12-18 months in the role.
Education and Experience
- Selling Skills and Business Acumen - Can effectively sell the positive messages of the company targeted toward the customer. A level of business acumen must be achieved to clearly understand the business problems our customers face.
- Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effectively responds to objections. Can negotiate Win/Win outcomes.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments. Maintains a high degree of professionalism with all customers.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Maintains a balance of profitability and sales in their activities and attitudes.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities to effectively service our customers.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Aggressively looks for and takes advantage of sales opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- 3-5 years of sales experience is preferred. A positive experience would be sales experience in an industry where products are sold at retail in an assisted sale.
- Bachelor's degree (BA, or BS) from a four-year college or university is required
- The position may require up to 50% overnight travel with weekend and evening work. Overnight travel may be upwards of 3-4 nights and may occasionally include Saturdays and Sundays to accommodate the needs of our Retail customers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds with assistance.
- Extensive driving is required for this position. A current driver's license and reliable transportation is required.