Greenplum / SQL Database Developer
Our client is looking for a subject matter expert / database developer responsible for design, development, and maintenance of multiple Greenplum and Microsoft SQL databases to join our customer-facing Infrastructure Operations team.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform design and development of Greenplum and MS SQL databases in testing, development and production environments.
- Provide operations and maintenance support of production databases including database recovery, migrations, vulnerability assessments, and patching.
- Lead troubleshooting and assist in design of production Windows infrastructure and systems.
- Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.
- Gather and translate government customer requirements into long-term architecture solutions.
- Develop data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- Evaluate reusability of current data for additional analyses.
- Review object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Evaluate hardware and software requirements.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and remediate issues.
- Document and maintain runbooks (diagrams, SOPs, and configurations)
- Present recommendations to government customer.
- Maintain expert knowledge of products and/or services.
- Enter and track activity and user information within trouble ticketing system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to established processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation and off hours maintenance windows (1st and 3rd Saturdays)
BA/BS and 10 years’ experience
12 or more years of experience related to position without degree
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.