VMware Systems Engineer
Security Clearance Type:
Public Trust Eligible
Our client is looking for a VMware Systems Engineer position located in Washington, D.C. The VMware Systems Engineer position will involve working in a team environment with a team of systems administrators involving frequent collaborative efforts with network engineering team and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) departments to support a variety of customer environments across multiple data centers throughout the commission. The position will also include regular communication and support responsibilities to both the O&M and customers in multiple geographic regions.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical acumen with a deep knowledge of the fundamentals of VMware ESX and related technologies. In addition, the candidate should have a thorough knowledge of both the Microsoft Windows and LINUX operating environment. The successful candidate must also possess strong communication skills and be able to communicate to both internal and external users as well as customers on a variety of levels. A strong desire to learn and expand on existing knowledge is a requirement. Industry standard certifications are also a plus.
Technical responsibilities for the position will include building and administering multiple VMware farms across several data centers. These environments will be highly available and may be either in a customer shared or dedicated arrangement. Additional experience that will benefit the candidate will include, but is not limited to, Cisco IOS, EMC VMAX & VPLEX Series SAN platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field and 14 Years; or without degree 16 or more years of experience related to position.
- VMWare and related technology administration with a focus on high availability and scalability of architectures.
- Administration of the multiple Windows 2008 and 2012 domains that includes, but is not limited to, Active Directory, IIS, Exchange 2013 and infrastructure monitoring using Solar Winds.
- 8-10 years VMware ESX Enterprise administration, in a fully redundant environment utilizing SAN storage backend.
- 3-5+ years Windows systems & domain administration with Windows 2008 or later.
- Experience administering an Active Directory environment, with extensive knowledge of group policy.
- Strong understanding of Internet/IP related technologies includes, but not limited to, DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S, IP subnetting.
- Experience with Intel based servers & Fiber channel/ iSCSI/SAS storage arrays. Understanding storage concepts such as RAID.
- Working knowledge of FTP and SFTP requirements and configurations.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work maintenances on weekends (twice a month)
About Seneca Resources:
- VCP5 certification is preferred.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.