Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator for a position located in Hurlburt Field, FL. The Systems Administrator – Senior, supports all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as listed as part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS) in support of Air Force Special Operations Forces globally.
This can be a fast-paced environment with demanding requirements. But, it is very rewarding when you consider the customer and mission you are supporting.
- Install, configure, test and maintain; server-based systems on multiple enclaves, distributed applications, and storage area network devices
- Monitor items required to ensure functionality of systems in garrison and at deployed locations
- Accomplish system-wide backups and data recovery to ensure continued operations
- Perform troubleshooting, fault isolation, root cause analysis, and provide corrective actions with validation of system operability
- Utilize enterprise tools to apply security patches and updates to include Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVA), Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO) and Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO)
- Document processes, incidents, changes, Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI), and submit reports in response to unscheduled outages
- Provide data for leadership Courses of Action decision briefings to address issues, projects, identified risks, implementation plans, and roll back plans
- Perform account lifecycle management to include creation, modification, and deletion of user accounts and system access
- Maintain baseline configurations and performs approved modifications
- Document work accomplished in the trouble ticket system, create records in a problem management or knowledge management database, and coordinate priorities with numerous functional areas to ensure timely completion
- Provide training and guidance to less advanced administrators as appropriate
Qualifications: Candidate must have;
- Minimum 8 years related IT systems experience
- Must have a Secret Clearance to begin work and the ability to obtain a Top Secret-SCI clearance
- Windows 2012 Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), VMware experience required
- Power Shell, bash, or other scripting experience required
- Good communication skills with internal team members as well as customers
- Ability to follow priorities and re-vector based on management decisions and guidance
- Applicable MCITP, Linux +, or higher required within 6 months
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and maintain sustainment documentation
- Creating and updating systems lifecycle documentation, as required
- Ability to work non-standard hours during surge operations
- Applicants must have customer service skills which include the ability to meet goals in a timely manner, while being action-oriented, taking ownership, managing their time wisely and working effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to obtain a passport for OCONUS travel, if required
- Lift over 35 LBS
- C4/ISR Systems experience is highly desired w/emphasis on TBMCS, TACLAN, GCCS-J, PEX, or other mission systems
- Exposure to, or work within a Cloud environment a plus
All personnel on this contract are subject to travel; some more than others. Current passport is required. There is no set percentage of travel to be expected. There may be occasion for them to travel, but not deploy OCONUS; OCONUS travel would most likely be UK and Japan, if they go at all. CAVEAT: In the event of a hurricane evacuation, there may be a requirement to relocate for a short period of time; that location will not be disclosed until that time, but is CONUS.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.