Tier III Service Desk Technician
Security Clearance Type:
Public Trust Eligible
6 month contract to hire
This contract provides IT support services to a high profile customer in Washington, DC and offices nationwide. The position works in the IT Service Desk functional area. The environment is enterprise based support and installation of workstations, servers, LAN, mobile devices, printers and all supporting hardware and software.
Our client has an opening for a Service Desk Tier III Support Specialist in Washington, DC. Candidate will serve as a member of level Tier I-III Service Desk support staff in providing friendly, expert support to a high profile customer. Candidate will be performing several duties along with 30-35 other support engineers of all levels. These duties include but not limited to, performing ticket documentation and quality assurance checks on assigned tickets, provide advanced service support & service delivery functions, following procedures, supporting customer IT needs via remote access, desk-side support, installation of hardware and software, and other IT-related issues. Works as part of team to be sure tickets are being closed within SLA. Applicant selected must have the ability to obtain and maintain favorable background status.
- Documents Incident with detailed break-fix steps and resolution in HP Service Manager ticketing system.
- Provides advanced Customer Service Support & Service Delivery functions
- Communicates with high profile customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose IT problems on desktop equipment and peripherals, including software and hardware.
- Accepts escalations from Tier II technicians to continue remote and on-site support
- Troubleshoots client OS issues with Win 7, 8.1, 10, Mac OS including OS imaging using Ghost and SCCM
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues with HP Proliant Servers running Windows Server 2012, 2016, and Virtual machines, including Prolaint Service Packs and Windows update installation
- Troubleshoots, installs and supports advanced MS Office products
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and configuration of the following technologies: Group Policy, Veritas Backup Exec, BSOD dump analysis, Active Directory, Server OS issues, HP ILO, Windows permissions, VPN
- Troubleshoots advanced network issues including Link speed, DNS, DHCP, and IP conflicts
- Troubleshoots mobile devices, including iPhones and Androids, utilizing Airwatch mail client
- Develops and implements training session for support staff in use of equipment, software, and manuals
- Possesses the ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner
- Interfaces with infrastructure, Network Operations, database, and development personnel
- Completes all corporate requirements in accord with corporate policy
- Holds at least one current Microsoft certification, server 2008 or later preferred.
- Holds a current certification in at least one of the following: CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of Professionalism
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Candidate must be able to follow defined procedures and have fine attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Bachelor’s degree; or 10+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.