Position Title: Designer III
Location: Lusby, MD
Work Status: USC or Green Card Holder
Position Status: 1 year contract w/ possible extension or be brought on PERM.
MAX Compensation: $44.50/hr + Health & PTO OR pay $47.50/hr + health,but NO PTO
Must be able to pass 7 year criminal background check and drug test.
Our client is looking for a Designer III for a position located in Lusby, MD.They are one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 31,000 megawatts of electric generation; 106,400 miles of natural gas gathering, storage, transmission and distribution pipeline; and 93,600 miles of electric transmission and distribution lines. They operate one of the largest natural gas storage systems in the U.S. with more than a trillion cubic feet of capacity, and serve nearly 7.5 million utility and retail energy customers.
The company is built on a proud legacy of public service, innovation and community involvement. In addition to their core businesses, our client and their 21,000 employees invest in the communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship wherever we operate.
- Knowledge of mechanical, structural, and electrical engineering design drafting principles.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes, and standards.
- Knowledge of company design and operating standards.
- Abilities: This role creates, revises and maintains drawings including: p&id’s, one-line diagrams, piping, mechanical, structural and civil drawings and charts using AutoCad2019.
- Experience with completing field walkdowns of p&id’s.
- Works with other department personnel to obtain and verify information needed to produce detailed drawings from designer and engineer.
- Advises and assists in training less experienced personnel.
- Needs to plan and schedule work independently; ability to lead and teach designers/draftspersons; to size and design structural steel and reinforced concrete components; to complete designs for large and/or complex systems; Strong AutoCAD skills.
- Strong math skills including geometry and trigonometry required to perform complex calculations.
- Excellent communication skills. Education Associates preferred Discipline: Drafting & Design, Engineering Technology, Mechanical Drawing
- Designs, reviews, creates and maintains electronic detailed drawings, such as p&id’s, wiring diagrams, design change packages, layout drawings, and the most complex mechanical and construction drawings.
- Performs field verification of p&id's.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.