MS Exchange SME
Must be U.S. Citizen
Security Clearance Type:
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for a MS Exchange Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a Windows based data center to add to our dynamic team of IT professionals. The successful candidate will support our client’s platform with production support, system administration, technical sizing and be involved in the design support for client application systems. You will focus on efficiently, and effectively implementing changes and upgrades to the system including migration to newer versions of MS Exchange. You will proactively maintain and improve the performance and availability of key applications used by the client. You will be working with a team of Systems Engineers and Administrators providing daily operational support for a MS Windows based network. You will provide operational support as the SME for MS Exchange and Active Directory in a multi-site domain utilizing VMware ESX.
- Must have Expert MS Exchange hands on experience with: Exchange Server 2010, and Exchange Server 2013 with migration to EX 2016 desirable.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and technical specialists on critical Exchange & Windows software updates and vulnerability issues; recommend mitigation strategies; ensure coordination and collaboration on upgrade activities; and successfully implement hardening of the server infrastructure in appropriate server roles.
- Experience with implementing and administering MS Exchange 2010 and migrating Exchange to Exchange Server 2013 & 2016.
- Knowledge and experience administering systems in Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016 environments including clustering, Group Policies, advanced configuration, anti-virus and anti-malware software, email gateways, NetApp SAN storage, network routing, and PowerShell scripting.
- Expert working knowledge of Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures; DNS, GPO's, Message tracking and performance.
- Knowledge and experience administering Microsoft software including MS Exchange Server, MS SQL Server; Active Directory and LDAP technologies within a Windows environment.
- The ability to utilize and operate server monitoring tools for a Windows environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical specialists; to plan, organize and manage tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with the overall Project Manager and Team Leads
- Hands-on experience with:
- Group policy development and troubleshooting utilizing Microsoft Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP)
- VMware ESX
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- MS System Center Operations Manager (SCOM);
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs baseline control and adherence
You will assist with the planning and implementation of systems upgrades working on-site with the customer as a representative Exchange SME of the clients’ engineering team. You will also support ongoing product development and maintenance projects which include developing, debugging and tuning improvements to the system.
You will be required to:
- Be a senior level administrator/engineer for all related domain policies implemented through Group Policy Objects (GPO) to include user and computer security initiatives, access restrictions, and OS and Application Updates based on users, groups and computers.
- Maintain and administer system monitoring solutions to include Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Operation Manger (SCOM)
- Support vulnerability mitigation and prevention for Windows server platforms using tools such as ACAS, HBSS, and STIG baseline configurations compliance IAW DISA requirements
- A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated professional experience in an IT data center role at least 2 of which were in a MS Exchange SME/Senior Engineer position.
- 2+ years in support of a civilian federal government agency in a TS environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency policies and procedures for datacenter operations.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing at a management level.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Experience managing compliance with license agreements
- Experience controlling and monitoring user access to the system
- Experience monitoring and optimizing the performance of the MS Exchange system
- Experience planning, executing, and maintaining backup and recovery of the system
- Experience writing functional requirements and preparing functional designs
Current MCSE Messaging Certification preferred but will consider other current certifications.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 yrs experience in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.