Industry: Information Technology
Position Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Richardson, TX
Compensation: $21.00 Hourly
Position Status: 6 months, contract -to-perm
Benefits Offered: Yes
Schedule: Traditional Office Hours | Mon-Fri
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Commercial Lighting Control Systems and is currently seeking a Technical Support Specialist candidate for a position located in Richardson, TX.
Under general supervision, provide primary point of contact for all product related support requests and general product questions. Assist in providing product related feedback to the technical support management, engineering or manufacturing in support of current and future product design.
Individual Contributor competency model
Internal – Customer support, engineering, quality and related.
External – customers, installers, contractors and skilled tradesmen.
Primary Job Duties
- Using a variety of communication vehicles (phone, e-mail, web-site and related) assist the customer in understanding applicable products, components and systems for products by means of phone and email for a wide range of customers.
- Provide detailed product related information covering the installation, operation, maintenance and trouble shooting of products for our customer.
- Create clear and detailed documentation based off support related activities
- Monitor support activity trends to determine product issues and new product development opportunities reporting findings to technical support leadership.
- Must be able to apply knowledge/skills to a range of activities and act as a technical resource for other departments.
- Must be able to contribute to achievement of team goals and promote teamwork
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
What makes you a great candidate
About our Staffing Firm | Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
- Education: Associate Degree in Electronics or 4 years related experience or a combination of both education and experience.
- Experience: Two or more years phone or technical support experience preferred.
Experience with BACnet protocol is a huge plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of products, utilization, installation, specifications and codes/standards associated with the industry.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively and act as a technical resource across the organization and with customers. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Demonstrated ability to give and receive detailed/complex information, and process that information appropriately.