Our client is looking for Sr Principal Systems Administrator / SME for a position located in Langley AFB, Virginia. This is a contract to hire opportunity working for the Air Operations Command (AOC) Long Term Modernization and Sustainment (LTM&S) contract.
BA/BS with 10 years, or MA with 8 years, of related experience in computer systems administration.
Prior years of experience in an AOC or in computer systems administration may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- The successful candidate will be providing support and assistance with fielding major systems upgrades to the AOC Weapon System configuration.
- The candidate should have detailed knowledge and experience in the configuration, installation, deployment and maintenance of relevant components in an AOC environment to include, but not limited to Windows Server 2008/2012R2, Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), Host Base Security System (HBSS), VMware (VCP), Citrix ZenApp 6.0 and NetScaler.
- Personnel will be based out of an office in Hampton, VA and will travel to sites located both CONUS and OCONUS.
Secret Security Clearance
Must have the ability to get a US Passport
Must be willing to travel up to 25%
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What will a typical work day look like for the Contract Labor Associate (CLA)? Is this a team setting? A typical day at the office in Hampton, VA is to review documentation, attend briefings, submit paperwork for site visits, assisting other team members already on site with troubleshooting computer issues. We support sites CONUS and OCONUS such as South Korea, Germany, and Qatar.
- What are the top 3 skillsets the candidate should have? Individuals with experience with configuring VMWARE (virtual machines), Windows 10 deployments, and McAfee/Host Base Security System experience.
- What is the interview process (phone then in-person or only phone, etc.)? The interview process would either be phone or in-person based on the availability of a representative from the prime contractor.