Ashland, VA 23005
6 month contract-to-hire
Monitor the automotive mechanical tests in assigned area (including bench and/or rig testing), record all pertinent data, make necessary adjustments/repairs to assure that test parameters, methods and procedures are met and report problems to appropriate party.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- Know, understand and consistently adhere to established safety policy and procedures. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of changes or additions to safety procedures and assist in safety training activities as required.
- Monitor the automotive and mechanical test in assigned area and record all pertinent data.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is routinely communicated to the appropriate (i.e. internal customers, team members, supervisors, etc.) parties.
- Carry out standard preventive maintenance as scheduled and complete proper documentation. Determine layout and maintain maintenance and test cell calibration schedule. Determine calibration schedule of the reference stands and maintain and calibrate as needed.
- Keep work area neat and clean. Use hand and power tools in a safe responsible manner.
- Participate in and assist with the continuing personal and group/area training process. May provide training/orientation to new employees.
- Participate in internal staff meetings, committees and task force efforts as required. Complete special projects and team and customer evaluations in a timely manner.
- Assure that complete ISO documentation is maintained on all ISO or quality related activities. Write needed procedures, participate in ISO related activities and maintain an up-to-date understanding of the ISO function.
- Conduct inspections of hazardous waste storage areas, hazardous waste pumps and lines, aboveground storage tanks, and underground storage tanks as required
- For US locations, act as Operator A, B, &/or C for operation of underground storage tanks, as required
- High school graduate or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated mechanical experience or aptitude
- Work towards continuing technical education encouraged
- Decision Making - Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and pressure; while based upon appropriate risk and authority
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and questions all likely sources for answers; can solve complex problems and recognize complex patterns; utilizing all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication - The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Managing Performance - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries
- Innovation - The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions. Can develop, seek out, critically assess and implement new and value adding concepts.
- Test Development and Execution of Testing - Develop and/or apply physical, chemical and mechanical testing to appropriately demonstrate and/or understand the mechanisms for our products performance and to improve the efficiency of product development.