Position Title: Service Desk
Location: Richmond, VA
Work Status: US
Position Status: Contract to Hire
Shift: 1 PM - 10 PM / Monday - Friday
Our client is looking for Service Desk for a position located in Richmond, VA. In this role the Service Desk Technician is responsible for receiving and resolving first reports of technical related issues or request. The Technicians should attempt to resolve as many incidents and requests during the first contact before escalating to a higher tier support group. All interactions will be clearly documented in the IT Management System along with the incidents’ status, solutions and appropriate categorization. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
• Provide quality technical assistance, support and education for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware and technical business processes.
• Quickly and correctly troubleshoot and resolve common issues and frequently asked requests.
• Accurately enter all customer and system interactions into Service Desk ticketing program and ensure correct routing and communication of escalated events.
• Meet or exceed and maintain the team’s attendance, phone and quality assurance metrics
• Continuously provide exceptional customer service via the company’s communication channels by delivering accurate information, direction and quality documentation of the customers’ needs or issue.
• Adhere to policies and procedures addressing problem identification, documentation, routing, escalation and resolution.
• Constantly maintain a professional interaction with all contacts and ensure high communication.
• Communicate undocumented issues and resolutions to aid the growth of the team’s knowledge base files.
• Regular attendance is required
High School Diploma or an Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, or training or work experience.
- 2-3 Years of directly related experience in supporting help desk operations.
- Familiar with a variety of field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.