Client: Fortune 500 IT consulting company
Position Title: Senior Accountant - eligible to work in US w/o sponsorship
Location: McLean, VA
Position Status: Direct Hire
Salary: $85K (dependent on experience)
- Ensure all financial statements, schedules, and disclosures are accurately stated and reconciled, including researching variances, determining root causes, offering recommendations for adjustments, and preparing and maintaining work papers and other analyses.
- Play a key role in the preparation of the Company's quarterly and annual SEC financial statements, including Form 10-Q and 10-K.
- Research complex financial reporting requirements with applicable financial reporting policies and frameworks, including preparing quarterly and year-end audit schedules and analyses for external auditors.
- Manage the post-close journal entry process and monitor adjustments under applicable material frameworks.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports and key financial metrics for various internal functions and SEC filings and credit agreement reporting requirements.
- Contribute to overall system of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including updating and documenting external reporting process flows and controls and supporting the walk through and the company's testing efforts under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404.
- Assist with special projects, including system implementation, process improvement, and the adoption of new accounting standards.
- Assist with the preparation of benefit plan reporting and international statutory financial statements.
- 3+ years of experience in reporting US GAAP and SEC reporting with a public company or public accounting firm
- Experience with computer applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of a reporting tool, including Hyperion
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to show a positive attitude, be a team player, and learn and develop
- Ability to adapt and exhibit time management expertise
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines effectively and simultaneously
- Ability to offer reasoned decisions in a professional skeptical manner
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.