Leading Government Solutions Provider
Senior DevOps Engineer
Washington DC (Union Station Metro Stop)
3 mo. Contract to Hire
Our client has an immediate opportunity for a DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
position located in Washington, DC (Union Station)
. You would be responsible for Engineering and Deployment support in a maturing Agile/DevOps Environment. You will be leveraging state of the art DevOps tools to enhance current environment and application support capabilities at the AOUSC.
Our program at the AOUSC is truly an exciting opportunity within federal space, the team you will be working with is second to none and technically savvy. The technology we are using is an ambitious stack that is being utilized to provide optimal support and outcomes for our customer.
• Containerize, Monitor and Orchestrate middleware application applications (Java, .Net) by collaborating with Agile teams.
• Act as SME on Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift. Groom Agile Developers and Admins on the technology.
• Create strategy and be single point of contact for the Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
• Creation, deployment, support and maintenance of development and test software (lower) environments.
• Design, develop and operationalize new processes such as on demand environment provisioning including delivery of systems with an Infrastructure as Code approach as part of the overall CI/CD solution
• Support the building of solutions for source control, continuous integration, and automated testing and release management.
• Serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives. Expertise is in Information Technology is specifically in the areas of Cybersecurity, Information Systems Architecture, Systems Implementation and Deployment, Information Systems Integration, and Automation.
• Perform highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Strong verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills. This is a role that requires representation and reconciliation of both developer and operations stakeholders
Basic Qualifications & Experience
About Seneca Resources:
- • 5 years experience in a production Windows/Linux systems environment (e.g., CentOS, Red Hat) deploying API’s, VMs and containers
• 3 Years Configuration management and automation using tools such as Puppet and Ansible
• 3 Years Atlassian tool suite
• 3 Years Bamboo
• 3 Years Docker
• 2 years of Open shift/Kubernetes
• Expertise in Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
• Git source code management
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.