Client: Leading Global Information Services Provider
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Sterling, VA 20166
Job Status: Full Time
This company is a market leader in identity science. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our data management and governance engineering team. You will have the opportunity to make major impact on creating and delivering client focused solutions.
In this exciting role, you will work as part of a team responsible for actively delivering product realization and strategy. You will get to design and write code for new products and features, as well as support and enhance existing products and services, including continuous automation and integration.
The successful candidate is an individual who is an excellent problem solver, a quick learner, productive working both independently and collaboratively, result oriented and quality minded.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Interpret business and functional requirements, analyze technical specifications, design and develop technical solutions that meet business needs.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product team, customers, and 3rd-party vendors to provide technical direction on system analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment; establish work plans.
- Provide estimates and design plans in response to requirements for development projects.
- Perform all stages of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Track work progress, report regular update and status.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for Automated Deployments and Continuous Integration.
- Troubleshoot problems, determine of causes for problem, implement, document, and track problem resolutions.
- Work with internal support teams and external clients to provide timely resolution to high impact issues.
- Participate in on call duty to support applications and services.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Participate in application architecture discussions, design review, and code review.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to product development process.
- Partner with internal teams while taking initiative to implement and improve organizational processes and procedures.
Preferences will be given to candidates with the following experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3-5 years of business experience in designing and developing complex computer application programs and working with large code base. Willing to consider candidates with substantial contributions to large open source projects in lieu of business experience
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing, with internal teams, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to provide precise and accurate information in a timely manner.
- Logical thinking, solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Solid experience working with a Linux development environment.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Python.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux, and scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, etc.
- Experience with open source databases such as PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL.
- Strong skills in data manipulation and analysis.
- Solid understanding of OO design.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps development methodologies with a strong understanding of “developing for operational readiness”
- Experience working with data and tools with the Hadoop ecosystem and familiarity with distributed programming paradigms (Spark, MapReduce)
- Open source project contributors
- Experience in the data and analytics field in the marketing/advertisement and/or big-data platform domains
- Experience and knowledge with various AWS services including AWS S3, EMR, EC2 and Lambda functions.
- Basic understanding of networking and web application architectures.
Experience with GIT, Jira, Jenkins, etc.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.