About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston and Richmond, Virginia and Birmingham, Alabama that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Position Title: Network Engineer
Type: Full Time
Compensation: Very Competitive
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: TS (SCI eligible)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting, installing, implementing, and administering network systems.
- Providing Tier III support.
- Analyzing capacity issues and developing capacity planning models as directed.
- Ensuring planned testing activities are executed.
- Developing network security guidelines. This includes administration, monitoring, change management, configuration, release management, provisioning, security, performance and capacity planning, and incident and disaster recovery functions.
- Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- Provides network system design and implementation support.
- Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Plans, monitors, and installs of network components including voice (VoIP), video, and data.
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.
- Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies to develop capacity planning models.
- Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Ensures that the Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations (COOP) sites are maintained and ready for use at all times to include documented procedures.
- Supports the COOP exercises by providing installation, setup, user support, and service desk support for the network switches, printers, faxes, and laptops before and during the exercises
- Keeps equipment at the DR site current with the latest patches, versions of software and identified special user software, and operating procedures (user laptop signing on, configuring email, printing, and accessing applications).
- Tests the DR site and all procedures periodically.
Education - Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. (Experience may be substituted for education.
- Six years of relevant IT work experience.
- Four years’ experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 7000, 6500, 4500, ISR G2, ACE/GSS, ASA, IPS/IDS, TACACS+, TACLanes, CUCM, Meeting Place/WebEX, Anyconnect, VSOM/VSM, NAC.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Voice Professional (CCVP), or Wireless (CCNP Wireless), or Network Security (CCSP). Candidates who do not currently possess the CCNP certification, but meet all other minimum requirements, may be considered for this position. If selected, the candidate will be required to obtain the required certification within a twelve (12) month time period.
- Knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as Netcordia NetMRI, Cisco MARS, Splunk, What’s Up Gold, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG, and NMAP.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN, and NAC.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide a clear explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors, and above. Great people skills are a must.
- Ability to act as Senior Network Engineering in the absence of the SNE.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must hold a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI access.
- Must be a US citizen, and all immediate family members and all members of household must be US citizens.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- CCNP, or CCVP, or CCNP Wireless, or CCSP AND the Design Professional (CCDP) Certifications.
- Knowledge of Cisco SRND/SAFE and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and other open source software to include BIND and Nessus.
- Familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. MDS switching infrastructure, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
- Extensive experience with Cisco VoIP, including Call Manager 6.X, Unity, and Contact Center. Knowledge of voice TDM technologies is also very useful.
- Extensive experience with Cisco Unified Wireless networking to include: 802.11a, b, g, and n; LWAPP; CAPWAP; WCS; WLC; and APs.
- Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE, and OSPF.