Richmond, VA 23150
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Our client, a recognized leader and innovator in the power distribution market, is seeking electrical engineers and designers to join our rapidly expanding reliability engineering team. Our client prefers at least three to five years’ experience in the design of low voltage switchgear assemblies/systems and associated equipment in compliance with UL, IEEE/ANSI, IEC, and NEC/NFPA 70E standards. Deliverables include initial quotation technical support, customer interaction and correspondence, generation of Bill of Materials (BOMs), production & drawing/instruction packages, factory/on-site acceptance test plans, Operation & Maintenance manuals, submittals/deliverables & project close-out, and final job cost analysis.
Demonstrated proficiency in or programs similar to AutoCAD Electrical and MS Office applications. Demonstrated experience in the design of electrical power distribution systems, power monitoring systems and the use of communication protocols such as Modbus. Our systems must adhere to UL Standards such as: UL 891 Switchboards, UL 1558 Metal-Enclosed Low-Voltage Power Circuit Breaker Switchgear, UL67 Panelboards, UL1008 Transfer Switch Equipment, UL60950 Information Technology Equipment, as applicable.
Design experience focused on system reliability, availability, maintainability & design for manufacturing & assembly. Preferred experience with the use of ERP business management systems such as SAP. Experience designing power monitoring systems using intelligent power meters and associated equipment such as smart breakers and HMIs. Experience with Modbus and other industrial and/or building automation communications protocols. Ability to troubleshoot circuit issues using multimeters, oscilloscopes and similar test equipment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret engineering documents, codes and standards, technical procedures and adhere to project deliverable schedules
- Compose and write reports, business correspondence, and contextualize engineering deliverables
- Effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, & customers
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Assist employees in understanding project objectives and specifications and see various points of view
- Present maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to clients and executive level decision makers.
- Three to five years’ experience in the design of low voltage switchgear assemblies/systems and associated equipment in compliance with UL, IEEE/ANSI, IEC, and NEC/NFPA 70E standards is required.
- Strong knowledge and clear application experience with UL 857 and IEC/ BS EN 61439.
- Experience with product certification and standards, safety standards, regulatory standards, & mechanical standards test.
- Clear proficiency with SolidWorks & AutoCAD Electrical
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention-to-detail.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field is required.