Position Title: Senior Database Analyst
Location: Washington, DC 20002
Position Status: 6 month contract to hire
Shift: Flexible, as long as hours fall between 7am - 5pm
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation
- Be able to work with clients, peers and management in a highly visible, mission critical environment.
- Evaluate Microsoft technology, security updates, hot fixes, upgrades and version releases to ensure architecture stability.
- Configure and manage Microsoft's Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows Clustering on a spanned VLAN across multiple sites, and SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016, demonstrating how these technologies may be leveraged to impact the architecture's overall design, security, availability and stability.
- Solution development and integration of value-add applications to meet new requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting of database instances and OS level support in a consolidated SQL Server environment leveraging a wide-array of configurations, including local and
- multi-site failover clustering
- SQL server virtualization (Hyper-V virtualization, preferred)
- Demonstrate ability to analyze resource bottlenecks and provide suggestions to team, management, and internal customers on how to alleviate pressure and plan for capacity.
- Provide recommendations and strategies to application owners on how to improve performance and scalability of their database components.
- Install, upgrade and administer SQL Server database engine, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Provide architectural guidance on strategies to improve operations and monitoring of current and future implementations.
- Implement and maintain security, backup and disaster recovery strategies for OS and databases.
- Prepare technical documentation.
- Implement and maintain MySQL.
- More than 13 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MSCE/A or other relevant professional certification required
- Extensive administrative experience in Windows Server 2008/2012
- Extensive administrative experience in SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014/2016
- Experience implementing and managing Windows clustering.
- Experience implementing and managing SQL Server high-availability technologies (replication, mirroring, failover clusters, etc.)
- Experience working with Hyper-V / SCVMM
- SQL Server Integration Services package development (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services report development (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS)
- Experience with multi-site clusters on EMC Cluster Enabler
- Experience working with HP hardware and HP Insight Manager