Job Title: Help Desk Technician
Location: Rome, NY
Job Status: Full Time
Compensation: Very Competitive
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot: Information Systems (IS), PC desktops/laptops , peripherals, communication devices, support various Operating Systems (O/S) client and server, and desktop application software.
- Deploy PC systems within five (5) business days after receipt of user systems from ADPE Equipment Custodian (EC) and confirmed installation date/time with user
- Ensure all TCNO/Notice To Airmen (NOTAM) are properly applied to all systems within the specified suspense dates and report when completed via Information Assurance
- Install or assist with installation of client-based desktop software; report security breaches to IA Office;
- and provide software application assistance for commonly used office automation applications.
- Track ticket status using Remedy and update technical notes with meaningful details at a minimum of every three days.
- Resolve Remedy tickets within established contract thresholds
- Stage systems within 5 business days of receipt from ADPE Custodian and de-stage according to Air Force regulations and established procedures
- Schedule, test, setup, troubleshoot and facilitate VTC services
- Provide portable audio/video equipment setup and facilitation as requested (i.e. Reveille, Heritage Day, various ceremonies, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 4 years experience with Air Force approved Standard Desktop images, including windows 7/Windows 8 and approved software
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field
- 2 years general help desk experience