Chesapeake, Virginia 23323
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
1. Manages ship class issues, ship systems requirements, propulsion system and Services proposal development to assure solicitation requirements are fulfilled and that commercial and technical information is moved completely and accurately between customers, inside technical support and our manufacturing facilities.
- Reviews and advises management of ability to meet solicitation requirements.
- Assures that all internal departments and suppliers have full and complete understanding of solicitation requirements.
- Assures that all cost estimates are complete and in compliance with solicitation requirements and that costs reflect all requirements of deliverables and information.
- Reviews and approves contracts received before acceptance to assure that the contract received reflects the proposal offered. Refers any variations to manager for resolution before acceptance.
2. Interfaces with internal departments, external customers and suppliers to assure that all contract requirements and terms are fulfilled in the required sequence. Assures that all inspections and tests are completed as required.
- Ensures that each contract obligation is completed, reviewed and delivered on time in a high-quality format through all process functions.
- Develops suppliers as needed to assure timely development of product that meets delivery order requirements. Is responsible for maintaining good communication with other personnel involved to ensure that exceptional customer service is provided.
- Ensures that progress billings are presented to customer in accordance with purchase order provisions or contract requirements and those payments are received according to terms.
3. Reviews and approves purchase documents to assure compliance with contractual requirements and specifications before submitting to suppliers.
- Ensures that purchasing sources have been developed and a clear understanding of product requirements has been agreed upon.
- Ensures that purchasing personnel have required information to execute purchase documents.
- Ensures that the purchase order has been executed within contract requirements and all parties are notified.
- Ensures that any progress payments have been submitted for payment in accordance with purchase order/delivery order terms.
- Ensures monthly contract billing has been submitted to the appropriate contracting personnel. Ensure the billing is approved.
- Ensures that purchase documents are accurate and complete in accordance with customer requirements and any Government approvals are received.
4. Develops estimates and proposals using guidance from estimating policies and procedures
- Define customer requirements based on customer discussions, drawings, and Statements of Work.
- Researches historical records for similar requirements for similar work.
- Write a short description of 2-4 main responsibilities using verb forms, e.g. lead, coach employees / teams / departments; manage processes / activities / operations; acquire, assist, check, co-ordinate, ensure that, handle, inform, instruct, maintain, perform, prepare, promote, produce, provide, report, serve, supervise, train, participate in, support etc.
- Obtains pricing from either established or new sources that have been developed.
- Develops man hour and material estimates.
- Review scopes based on discussions or statements of work
- Review at a minimum, two quotes from outside sources and ensure best pricing has been developed or provides/agrees with customer rationale for sole source.
- Provides pricing estimates to customers
- Conduct negotiations.
- Maintains records to support decision process and communications.
- Responsible for all contract data requirements with regards to contract.
5. Manages Projects to include document review, customer liaising, and progress determination from start to finish. Working with Field Service Representatives to manage customer demands, material availability, and FSR actions to bring the project to a successful close.
Education & Experience:
- Manages a specific group of projects support activities through various functional areas to assure that activities and tasks are completed in timely manner.
- Ensures that all documentation is in order and complete for orders, contracts and proposals and that information is completely communicated to Sales, Operations, Quality Assurance and Finance as required to assure that all contract requirements are fulfilled on time and within budget.
- Responsible for office or work place safety, security and housekeeping.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers on a daily basis and promotes the positive image of the corporation.
- Marine technical education or high school education plus Navy or commercial marine experience
- Mechanical/Marine engineering degree preferred