Position: Junior DBA Technician
Location: Vienna, VA
Clearance: Minimum Interim Secret Clearance REQUIRED
3 month contract to hire
Work Status: US Citizen
This position requires the candidate to have an existing security clearance (interim Secret or higher).
Our government solutions client is looking for a Junior DBA Technician position to sit in Vienna VA. The shifts are either 8:30-430pm Sunday through Thursday OR 11PM-7AM Monday through Friday.
What is in it for you?
- Diverse environment: A unique opportunity supporting Linux and Windows servers supporting SQL and Oracle databases at locations around the world involving complex data processing/replication systems on advanced hardware.
- Continuous learning: Our team supports a large program of over 100 specialists in various fields who in turn help us grow through training sessions and exposure to industry leading methodologies in many disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 support monitoring and maintaining the CCD infrastructure resolving various incidents as they arise
- Supporting system maintenance and change implementation requests
- Available to support first shift activities M-F 6:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Collating and validating supporting documentation
- Ensuring team adherence to policies and procedures
- Assisting with team scheduling and employee management
- Leading the team in ticket and incident management
- Ensuring team adherence to established processes and procedures
- Guiding the team through established Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Constructing and executing maintenance/monitoring database and server scripts
- Assist with system deployments, system updates, day to day operational support and disaster recovery support efforts
- Work with technical writing staff to develop and document standard processes for server installs, upgrades, and other repetitive tasks
- Complete all required administrative duties and paperwork in a timely manner
- Bachelor’ degree or equivalent work experience (6 years minimum)
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership position
- 3+ years of experience in a help desk/operations center environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstance
- Reliable time management proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Active Secret
- Network routing, Linux RHEL/OEL and Windows 2008-2016 server operating systems
- SQL and Oracle database management/administration
- Experience using Remedy ticketing system
- Experience scripting Oracle and SQL solutions as well as Linux and Windows server solutions
- Windows IIS, Apache Tomcat, ESB SOA, XML, .NET, PL/SQL, SOAP and RESTful services
- Experience supporting enterprise level operations?
- Time management and the ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on urgency
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Dallas Texas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.