Position Title: SharePoint Administrator
Location: Washington DC
6 Month Contract to Hire
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design SharePoint architecture, business processes, and sites/subsites/pages to support business needs.
- Monitor system usage, evaluate built-in SharePoint reports, and review files and websites that are no longer used and can be deleted or archived to free up space.
- Train staff on how to use this platform. This includes creating user manuals, designing training sessions, and being available for questions.
- Propose platform changes while reviewing usage and activity reports. Provide options to reconfigure, redesign or move certain sites for better layout or usability functions. Recommend rearrangement of files to enhance site and propose changes to make the platform more effective.
- Manage user roles and permission
- Create and delete site collections
- Manage site collections and global settings; protect content
- Add and remove site collection administrators
- Manage site collection storage limits
- Manage SharePoint Online user profiles
- Three or more years of experience working SharePoint Technologies
- Experience working with PowerShell
- Experience working with design principles and applications
- Minimum of two years of experience: in SharePoint designer functions
- Have a firm understanding of what SharePoint can (and cannot) do out-of-the-box
- Windows operating system
- Knowledge of networking, including creating firewalls, security zones and encryption
- Experience with Internet Information Server (IIS)
- PowerShell administration modules knowledge
- Review of literature and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, & Dallas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.