Position Title: Production Superintendent
Location: Richmond, VA
Work Status: US
Position Status: Full Time
Must work 3pm-11pm shift M-F
Our client is looking for Production Superintendent for a position located in Richmond, VA. The Production Superintendent is responsible for equipment reliability and metal flow throughout the plant. This superintendent is responsible for the 2nd shift = 3pm-11pm Monday - Friday.
Required Education: Military background, Bachelor's degree or 2 year degree with 5+ years experience as a Superintendent .
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Rules of Discipline.
- Responsible for craft breaks.
- Provide direction for team of industrial electricians and millwrights
- Utilize resource sharing between the plant maintenance areas.
- Document maintenance turnovers from shift to shift in the supervisor's logbook.
- Comply with the maintenance housekeeping standards.
- Manage DSC compliance and follow-up.
- Responsible for crafts selling time.
- Develop daily schedules and weekly schedules.
- Manage the LTM system.
- Monitor the OEE system and make inputs to maintenance exceptions.
- Write follow-up work orders from PM's.
- Perform pre-job hazard assessments.
- PM review to check for correctness.
- Proper care of machine parts and spares.
- Responsible for on-time outage compliance.
- Direct safety meetings.
- Execute 5 min safety talks.
- Perform Incident Investigations.
- Take ownership in the safety process ownership.
- Perform maintenance audits (Lockout, Confined Space, Fall Protection, PPE, and Mobile equipment).
- Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Experience managing teams of union employees a plus, particularly craft employees (industrial electricians, millwrights, etc.)
- Proven ability to work in teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Be energetic, disciplined and focused on a team building operational organization.
- Have well developed interpersonal and business partnering skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by, and interrelate with the organization at all levels.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Approximately 15% of the job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. 85% of the job function is required in the plant. There is exposure to operating machinery and a manufacturing environment.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.