ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, supports, and implements total quality programs. Defines scope, plans, organizes, and directs technical work related to quality engineering activities.
- Designs, specifies, and installs quality control sampling systems, testing mechanisms, and equipment. Formulates and/or assists in formulating quality control policies and procedures and development of quality standards.
- Evaluates processes/procedures and continuously improves upon Company processes to eliminate waste and improve controls which includes assisting internal and external contacts to resolve product and process problems. Investigates and solves manufacturing-related problems in assigned area using formal problem-solving tools.
- Analyzes and develops supplier’s products to obtain maximum productivity and reviews performance in operation and provides suggestions for improvement.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates activities of internal and external resources. Serves as a resource by providing a problem-solving function by initiating action to overcome obstacles as they are encountered and prevent potential quality problems.
- Monitors and controls costs, timing, and other related aspects of projects. Develops cost quotations related to specifications, test equipment, and gauge requirements and communicates information to appropriate parties. Understands and adheres to schedule and budgetary requirements of projects. Reports progress as required.
- Develop and implement key APQP documents–process flow, PFMEA, control plan, and work instructions.
- Documents audit evidence clearly and concisely to support conclusions. Prepares reports and recommendations.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of quality assurance goals and objectives. May provide work direction to other staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with demonstrated understanding of quality control practices; or equivalent.
- Five years related experience in a manufacturing environment (Assembly / Aluminum Extrusion a plus).
- Must be able to operate standard and specialized equipment related to the job. Strong computer background with ability to calculate and analyze data, generate reports, present information, etc.
- Demonstrated good understanding of quality engineering principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in program management from the vantage point of Quality Engineering.
- Strong working knowledge of APQP.
- Ability to work well on cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects. Must be able to research and recommend new programs, coordinate necessary resources and manage timing and implementation of programs/projects.
- A strong drive to deliver results and strict adherence to timelines.
- Demonstrated good communication skills to interact with various segments of the organization.