|Position Title: Audit Coordinator
Location: Washington D.C.
Clearance Requirement: Must be clearable
Work Status: U.S. Citizen
Position Status: Contract to hire
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Coordinate external audits, inspections, and reviews of OCIO activities to ensure that requirements from evaluating organizations are fully met in a timely manner.
- Analyze incoming requests for audits and reviews. Identify and contact the appropriate internal action official or officials within 3 days of notification of review or request.
- When external audits and reviews identify problems or conflicts, assist in recommending feasible solutions.
- Schedule and attend entrance and exit briefings or conferences as requested by the external auditing organization.
- Monitor external teams’ progress and activities and confer with assigned action official(s) at least monthly.
- Establish internal deadlines for data collection requests, preliminary response requests, and draft and final report responses.
- Facilitate interviews and meetings between external teams and action officials.
- Collect or prepare narrative reports, presentation materials, or data analyses, in response to external team requests.
- Prepare final OCIO reports and responses to external audits and reviews, in accordance with relevant requirements and direction.
- Complete quarterly responses to the Departmental Audit Report Status (DARTS) system, accurately representing OCIO position on open issues.
- Provide DCIOs with information on open items and facilitate quarterly discussions on closing actions.
- Provide sound, complete recommendations to senior leaders to satisfy audit findings. Consolidate responses by established deadlines.
- Participate in OCIO and DOE accountability drills.
- 6-7+ years of project/audit coordination experience.
- Ability to communicate Effectively, both in writing and orally with highest levels of Government management.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks and demonstrated experience in meeting deadlines.
- Must fully understand auditing techniques, concepts and principles, and how they are applied to both internal and external audits.
- Demonstrated experience using audit report tracking systems.
- Superior knowledge of the Departments accountability tool.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.