Position Title: Software Test Engineer
Location: D.C., Richmond, Baltimore, or Charlotte
Security Clearance Type: None
Work Status: Ability to obtain a Public Trust
Position Status: Long Term Contact
Our client is seeking software test engineer candidates for a position located in D.C., Richmond, Baltimore or Charlotte.
Required Skills: SQL Writing, Manual Testing, and JIRA/TFS or any other Issue Trafficking Software experience, Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent experience.
Responsibilities Include: Test planning, performing and reporting on test results upon which management can make informed quality decision about an application under test. Work closely with technical leads, developers, quality assurance analysts, and client subject matter experts to document detailed test plans, test scripts and write automated tests to verify requirements. Some level of coordination will be required to track all activities related to following the business process as well as providing verbal and written updates to management and other stakeholders.
Qualifications: Experience with web-based user-interface testing, ability to write test scripts and test plans for web applications, extensive experience developing and executing test cases, experience implementing test automation techniques to automate test scripts, experience with Jira, TFS or similar issue tracking software, strong SQL query writing skills (MS SQL Server preferred) with experience in back-end testing, broad knowledge and experience in testing principles, practices, tools and techniques, knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment, excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to effectively convey moderately complex information and concepts to customers and peers of varying technical ability.
Other Job Functions:
• Consults with project management to plan testing efforts.
• Participates in test planning activities and execution of testing efforts, including coordinating, designing, performing, and maintaining test plans and scripts related to functional, integration, system, regression, Section 508, and performance testing.
• Performs test data analysis and setup and verification of test data.
• Participates in requirements gathering sessions and converts requirements into comprehensive test plans and scripts.
• Maintains defects by recording, reporting, analyzing, and tracking defects to resolution.
• Drives quality by collaborating with development staff to identify, reproduce, resolve and retest defects.
• Performs database queries and verifies data results
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, & Dallas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.