The Enterprise Classroom Programs establishes a modernized classroom that typically converts a resident analog classroom into a digital environment. These classrooms support most instructional technology capability requirements associated with resident training and education courses and Programs of Instruction. These classrooms promote efficiencies and maximize the effectiveness of Soldier training. Modernization may include any combination of hardware, software, facilities, and communications linked to a local or DoD network or the Global Information Grid. The Enterprise Classroom Programs provide a training infrastructure that supports standardization, compatibility, interoperability, scalability, accountability, and sustainability of classrooms across TRADOC Schools and Centers. The Contractor shall design the technology solution, provide system integration, acquire hardware and software, install, test and provide instructors/users/maintainers with training to support technology usages. The training will demonstrate classroom capability for delivery of multimedia training, audio video presentations, and VTT.
As an Novice Technical Operations-Installation Technician, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
The candidates will have a technical background, system installation experience and good customer skills. The position will involve installing audio-visual systems, including LCD/DLP/ projection systems, cabling and terminating video/audio systems, and installing components such as wall plates, speakers, cameras and projection screens. Ability to trouble-shoot basic audio, video, and control systems problems is a plus, along with formalized training on major brands of audio visual systems and components. Related experience in similar industries will be considered. The successful candidate must be hard working, computer proficient, maintain a clean driving record and be a real team player.
• Demonstrated AV Systems aptitude required.
• Any AV training considered a plus (Examples: Biamp, Polycom, AMX, Crestron, Extron)
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet)
• Trustworthy and dependable
• Up to 80% travel (within 5-6 hours), some overnights
• Team player
• Self-starter, self-motivated
• InfoComm CTS certification required
• Audio DSP platform certification preferred (Examples: Biamp, Polycom)
• Control system platform certification preferred (Examples: AMX, Crestron, Extron)
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• Technical College degree (electrical or engineering) or High School Diploma with experience
• Installation experience of 2-5 years in AV industry or related field