New Castle, VA 24127
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Quarry Superintendent
for a Sand Plant located in New Castle, VA
. This salaried exempt position reports directly to the Area Manager. This position is responsible for the daily sandstone quarry, plant, and load out operations; including but not limited to safety practice, supervision of hourly employees, environmental compliance, meeting production and quality standards, inventory control and maintaining the machinery in optimum condition.
- Direct and coordinate production activities of the quarry and plant operations to meet production goals.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Control efficiency of plant operations.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production challenges.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team.
- Ensure the competence and development of department employees by initiating training, coaching, counseling or discipline procedures to respond to items identified in the performance reviews.
- Full responsibility of aggregates business P&L performance, specifically on fixed and variable cost management.
- Lead the development of short and medium-term mining plans. Utilize mining software to monitor mine planning and progression
- Ensure safe and efficient mining and mineral processing methods, logistics, equipment management, manpower utilization, production maximization, and cost reduction.
- Participate in budgeting, planning, logistics, permitting, compliance and regulatory negotiations.
- Follow and enforce Mine Safety and Health Administration rules and regulations, actively promulgate and support behavioral safety program.
- 5+ years prior mining and/or quarry experience is required.
- DMME surface foreman certification is a requirement for this position. Candidate must possess current certification or meet DMME eligibility requirements to obtain certification.
- Previous experience in leading personnel and managing teams preferred
- Basic math and computer skills required.
- Candidate must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong ability to work independently.
- Candidate must possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Ability to utilize an objective approach to problem solving, building line and staff support, and persuasive communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills – listening, oral, written (report writing), and presentation.
- Knowledge of budgeting, P&L, planning, permitting, compliance, regulatory negotiations and process improvement.
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, AGGFlow, AutoCAD, mine design/planning/scheduling software, ERP software (DataStream/SAP). Bachelor of Science degree in Mining or Industrial Engineering is preferred.