About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston and Richmond, Virginia and Birmingham, Alabama that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Position Title: Systems Engineer Citrix SME
Type: Full Time
Compensation: Very Competitive
Location: Washington, DC
- Must have Expert Citrix hands on experience with Citrix XenDesktop, and XenApps 6.5 with migration to the latest version desirable to XenApps 7.15.
- Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and technical specialists on critical Citrix & Windows software updates and vulnerability issues; recommend mitigation strategies; ensure coordination and collaboration on upgrade activities; and successfully implement hardening of the server infrastructure in appropriate server roles.
- Knowledge and experience administering systems in Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016 environments including clustering, Group Policies, advanced configuration, anti-virus and anti-malware software, email gateways, NetApp SAN storage, network routing, and PowerShell scripting.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Exchange, MS Active Directory, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures; DNS, GPO's, Message tracking and performance.
- Knowledge and experience administering Microsoft software including MS SQL Server; Active Directory and LDAP technologies within a Windows environment.
- The ability to utilize and operate server monitoring tools for a Windows environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with management and technical specialists; to plan, organize and manage tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with the overall Project Manager and Team Leads
- Hands-on experience with:
- Group policy development and troubleshooting utilizing Microsoft Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP)
- VMware ESX
- MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- MS System Center Operations Manager (SCOM);
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIGs baseline control and adherence
You will assist with the planning and implementation of systems upgrades working on-site with the customer as a representative Citrix SME of the clients’ engineering team. You will also support ongoing product development and maintenance projects which include developing, debugging and tuning improvements to the system.
You will be required to:
- Be a senior level administrator/engineer for all related domain policies implemented through Group Policy Objects (GPO) to include user and computer security initiatives, access restrictions, and OS and Application Updates based on users, groups and computers.
- Maintain and administer system monitoring solutions to include Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Operation Manger (SCOM)
- Support vulnerability mitigation and prevention for Windows server platforms using tools such as ACAS, HBSS, and STIG baseline configurations compliance IAW DISA requirements
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE – V) or Citrix Certified Expert - Networking (CCE-N) required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated professional experience in an IT data center role at least 2 of which were in a Citrix SME/Senior Engineer position.
- 2+ years in support of a civilian federal government agency in a TS environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal government agency policies and procedures for datacenter operations.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing at a management level.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing skills
- Experience managing compliance with license agreements
- Experience controlling and monitoring user access to the system
- Experience monitoring and optimizing the performance of the Citrix system
- Experience planning, executing, and maintaining backup and recovery of the system
- Experience writing functional requirements and preparing functional designs
Current MCSE or CCNP preferred but will consider other current certifications.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 yrs experience in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.