Sr. Software Engineer
Full Time - Direct Hire or Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Sr. Software Engineer
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, AL
. The chosen candidate will lead the development of high-quality software and firmware for embedded Single Board Computer products.
- Produce firmware, device drivers, Board Support Packages (BSPs) and associated software components for use with Real Time OS’es such as VxWorks.
- Produce firmware, device drivers, Software Development Kits (SDKs) and associated software components for use under Linux.
- Perform customer support and issue resolution resulting in the production of maintenance releases.
- Develop key expertise and drive best practice within the Operating Systems team.
- Communicate development status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering procedures
- Produce draft customer documentation for processing and deployment by Tech Publications group
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Software Development Processes
Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college or equivalent.
About Seneca Resources:
- Strong knowledge of modern Real-Time Operating Systems and Linux
- Strong Real-Time Embedded Software skills
- Willingness/desire to learn new OS’s
- Strong understanding of C
- Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Understanding and interest in applying embedded software and electronic hardware to military and aerospace products.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as required.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.