Gordonsville, VA 22942
up to 33hr with full benefits
Applies electrical theory and related knowledge to test, repair and modify developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Assembles and tests experimental motor control devices, PLC’s, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and component (see second page for details).
- Modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of Electrical Engineer and or Electrical Foreman.
- Diagnoses cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion.
- Records periodic electrical testing and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Industrial Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays when needed
- Is available to work Overtime hours
- Able to be part of an ON-Call Rotation
- Must have a good driving record / Valid Driver’s License
- Good Safety Record, No recordable accidents in the past 5 years
- Perform troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on industrial PLC systems to include Siemens and Allen Bradley
Allen Bradley PLC
- Thorough working knowledge of Siemens S7 200 – 300/400 totally integrated automation system software
- Simatic controller – Ability to establish communication to the PLC with a complete understanding of associated symbols and program blocks for troubleshooting purposes. Diagnose and replace failed hardware Maintain proper backups of entire projects
- Simatic Networks – Capable of diagnosing and the repair of faults within the Profibus-DP, Industrial Ethernet and MPI networks
- Simtic HMI – Saving and loading software to and from HMI / setup hot spares for quick replacement
- Simatic WinCC- Working knowledge of WinCC with the ability to troubleshoot, correct and maintain automation and application programs using WinCC
A.C. and D.C. Drives
- Thorough working knowledge of Allen Bradley RS Logix 5, RS Logix 500 and RS Linx system software
- PLC - Ability to establish communication to the PLC with a complete understanding of associated software and ladder logic for troubleshooting purposes. Diagnose and replace failed hardware Maintain proper backups
- Data Highway – Capable of diagnosing and the repair of faults within the Allen Bradley data highway networks
- Panel View HMI– Saving and loading software to and from HMI / setup hot spares for quick replacement
– Perform the installation, commissioning, operation, configuration, diagnostics, troubleshooting and replacement of drives to include saving and loading drive parameter sets of both analog and digital drive systems operating as speed or tension control devices. Complete working knowledge of Siemens Sinamics drive software for the control of AC vector and servo motor controls
Personal Computer Skills –
Proficient in the ability to load and configure associated software, repair / replace hardware on windows-based PC’s. Working knowledge and understanding of networking
Hydraulics, Pneumatics -
Thorough working knowledge of the operation, calibration and electrical control of servo, proportional, directional and motor operated valves. E/P and I/P pressure transducers.
Process Temperature Control – C
apable of maintaining strict temperature tolerances using PID tuning techniques and calibration on analog, digital and PLC based temperature controllers. SCR and Triac power controller operation for resistive heating control for both low and high pressure water and oil heating systems