We are seeking a DevOps Engineer with a strong .Net background to join our technical team in D.C. near the Union Station.
What is in it for you?
- Develop and hone your skills and experience in an exciting and maturing DevOps environment
- Join a valued and competent team in a healthy environment
- You will be in a position to affect positive change through thought leadership, and a very much hands on role, enhancing your toolbox of skills in areas such as design, DevOps, Automation
- Be a significant contributor in the development of our (CI) / continuous delivery (CD) pipelines using tools such as, Docker, GitHub, Chef, Nexus, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, SonarQube, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation, deployment, support and maintenance of development and test software (lower) environments.
- Design, develop and operationalize new processes such as on demand environment provisioning including delivery of systems with an Infrastructure as Code approach as part of the overall CI/CD solution
- Support the building of solutions for source control, continuous integration, and automated testing and release management.
- Serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives. Expertise is in Information Technology is specifically in the areas of Cybersecurity, Information Systems Architecture, Systems Implementation and Deployment, Information Systems Integration, and Automation.
- Perform highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills. This is a role that requires representation and reconciliation of both developer and operations stakeholders
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a production Windows/Linux systems environment (e.g., CentOS, Red Hat) deploying API’s, VMs and containers
- At least 3 Years’ Configuration management and automation using tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- At least 3 Years’ Atlassian tool suite
- At least 3 Years’ Bamboo
- At least 3 Years’ Docker
- At least 2 Years Nexus/Artifcatory
- Expertise in Linux System Admin and Bash Scripting
- Git source code management