Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. We are a leading IT services provider headquartered in Reston, VA with offices in Richmond, VA Birmingham, AL and Columbia, MD that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are seeking an Applications System Analyst/Programmer in Washington D.C.
Position: Applications System Analyst/Programmer
Location: Northwest Washington, DC
Employment Type: Temporary
Clearance Requirements: Secret Clearance Required
Compensation: Depending on experience
Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug documents and maintain programs.
- Experience with Apache, PHP, and PERL required.
- Experience with Common Gateway Interface (CGI)/Restful services.
- May be called on to work on special graphics application programs such as, but not limited to; CAD, CAD/CV, or GIS.
- Works on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities including the installation of enhancements, security features, and analytical tools, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Understands Cross Site Scripting attacks.
- Knows of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or University with a curriculum or major field of study which provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex AIS projects, is closely related to the work to be automated, and/or in a computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline, or an applicable training certificate from an accredited training institution.
- Two years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of business, mathematical, engineering or scientific settings using a variety of information technology resources.
- Demonstrated experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies.